I loved reading all your comments yesterday!! One of the things that rose to the top for me is how many of you know of families, or are such families, who have used Mary or one of its forms for more than one daughter:
- “The obstetrician that delivered me had a very large, very Catholic family, and had six or seven daughters all named Mary. Of course, they weren’t JUST named Mary, they were Mary X, but one of them was Mary Mary!”
- “my stepsis’s were named after Mary (THE Mary) whereas I am named after my mother (who was also named after Mary) … My mom (Mary)’s only sister’s name is.. Rosemary”
- “One of my sets of girl cousins in the same nuclear family all have the middle name Marie”
- “all of my sisters and I have Marie/Mary in our names”
- “I have two cousins who are sisters, and one is named Danielle Marie and the other is Rosemarie Elizabeth”
- Another family with seven daughters that have among them Mary twice and Marie once
- “a friend explained to me that it’s a tradition in the Philippines to name all of your daughters Mary and have them all go by their middles instead”
- “each of our sweet baby girls have a “form” of Mary in their name”
Woo! Mother Mary FTW!
Mary Regan (Mom)
The daughters all go by nicknames, which are adorable!
I know I’ve said it a million times before, but my paternal grandmother and her sister were both Mary ____ and went by their middle names; all six of my dad’s female first cousins on his mom’s side (from two different families) are Mary ____ and go by their middle names; and my three sisters and I all have a Marian name as either our first or middle.
I never tire of hearing about Marian names, or different ways of working Mary into a name, or families with lots of Mary names … I love them all!